I have over 40 years experience writing/editing manuscripts and publications.
What I Do
- Basic: Review manuscript for spelling errors, typos, punctuation, grammatical errors and consistency.
- Advanced: Basic edit, plus review manuscript organization, word choice, flow, tense, sentence structure and style. Recommended as a necessary pre-publication step.
Layout & Design
- Assist with choice of font style/size, margins, page numbering, and other style elements.
- Design book covers
- Format photographs in Photoshop
- Create graphic elements
- Create logos
- Typeset your manuscript as InDesign document
- Typeset according to author and/or printer specifications
- Manage complete process, or
- Manage only the steps you need
- Collaborate with designers and artists
- Collaborate with printer
- Proofread manuscripts
- Proofread for spacing, typos, capitalization & consistency in typography or Web copy
- Provide ISBNs
- Provide Bar codes
- Publish under my label, J.O.Y. Publishing
What I’ve Done
Genres range from gardening to history, fiction/nonfiction to poetry, and genealogy to the environment.
The projects in this category keep me on my toes, with revolving deadlines and a constant stream of new articles, photos and information.
Much of my work has been with long-term clients who are authors in the faith community.
Organizing a lifetime of memories can challenging, but oh-so-rewarding!
Here are a few projects that didn’t fit in the other categories, hence the creative, imaginative, unusual name: “Other.”
"I had a splendid experience working with Joy Minion on books for my parents and magazine development for a church organization. She is organized, competent, and timely in her work."
Rev. Thomas H. Walker, Sioux Falls, SD
"I have been very happy with the service I received from Joy Minion. She is both competent and friendly. She was always available for questions and did not exceed her price quotes. I can highly recommend her and I will use her in the future for other projects."
Didrik Sopler, Ph.D., L.Ac., San Diego, California
"Joy Minion is a true professional. She did an exemplary job with the short book I co-authored, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with her. Bottom line: an enthusiastic endorsement!”
Lenny Cavallaro, Methuen, Massachusetts
“Joy was a blessing to work with. She understood my intent and retained my 'voice' while bringing consistent style, capitalization, punctuation, etc. to my work. She worked quickly and efficiently to provide a high-quality product.”
David Hagstrom, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
“Joy Minion not only provided me with useful suggestions on how to prepare my book for publication but also expressed a positive and supportive feeling that made me feel comfortable and safe in how my project would be handled. The book was a present to a dear friend, so it had special meaning to me. She understood this added significance of the publication of my manuscript. Her competence and emotional understanding made me feel very positive about her knowledge.”
Richard Kagan, Dent, Minnesota
Let’s cross the pre-publication bridge together – I’m ready when you are! Your completed project is right around the corner.